Club Profile: Ski and Snowboarding

Ailsa Pender

The Glasgow University Ski and Snowboard Club is one of the biggest sports clubs on campus, and we pride ourselves on being an extremely social and welcoming club. GUSSC offers everything from weekly ski and snowboard lessons on the dry slopes at nearby Bellahouston Park, to our infamous socials. The club welcomes skiers and boarders of all abilities, and we hope to provide a fun experience for all.

Every year we enter members in the racing and freestyle dry slopes competitions at BUDS (British Universities) and SUDS (Scottish Universities), and usually finish in the top five both in team and individual events. We also enter competitors to the British Champs in the Alps at Easter.  On top of all this, GUSSC runs day and weekend trips to Scotland’s finest slopes, catering to all abilities.

We take our members on a annual week-long trip to the Alps over Christmas to enjoy the snow and après ski to the full. The trips are getting bigger and better with every passing year and last year’s trip to Val Thorens was a massive success. The club’s trips are notorious, and are a great way to meet other GUSSCateers who love both snow and partying. We also take a group of students to the BUSC Main Event over the Easter Holiday, which is always an unforgettable week.

The GUSSC committee are always happy to answer any questions you may have about events, trips, lessons, or just general enquiries about the club.  You can visit our website: www.gussc.com. GUSSC are always happy to help!