×

Ollie Rudden

Deputy News Editor

Help for the Homeless hope to provide Glasgow's homeless people food and support over the holiday season.

A charity in Glasgow has launched a campaign to help fund 400 Christmas dinners this holiday season.

Help for the Homeless (H4TH) created the fundraiser with the goal to raise at least £1,800.

H4TH ran the same campaign last year and raised enough money to provide 360 dinners to those in need, as well as a small present for each person. This year the charity wants to exceed last year's numbers and help as many as they can.

A statement from H4TH on their crowdfunder said: "As we all know there has been a significant increase of people on our streets. As a group we provide as much food and essentials that we can all year, but we would like to continue to provide a little bit of Christmas cheer to the homeless."

The fundraiser states that a £5 donation will provide one Christmas dinner, £10 for a dinner, gift, and selection box, and £30 for a dinner, gift, selection box, and a sleeping bag.

H4TH said all money raised will be spent on food, gifts and essential items. Any additional money will be used in the same way on a weekly basis to provide the homeless with hot food, drinks and any other essentials.

People can donate to H4TH by visiting their fundraising page on LocalGiving, a fundraiser hosting website.

No related posts found!