Old Firm competition sponsored by Alfies Bar

Alfies Bar (@AlfiesBar) has kindly agreed to sponsor the Glasgow Guardian Sport’s monthly competition. It is easy and free to enter and there are several great prizes to be won.

Alfies Bar has brought back the concept of a traditional student bar, with amazing prizes, comfortable surroundings and – best of all – no bams!

There is a wide and varied selection of craft beers brewed in Scotland and, if you can find Wally on the Where’s Wally wall, a free shot for you.

Alfies Bar, 67 Old Dumbarton Road, G3 8RF. Next to Yorkhill Hospital, just off Argyle Street.

So, if you fancy eating out for cheap or you want to have fun on FIFA night – yes, a FIFA tournament in a pub – then Alfies is the place to be. All of the big matches are available to watch too.

Show your student card and get: bottles from £2, draughts from £2.80, shots from £1 and spirits from £1.50. How about 6 shots for £4 and 6 bombs for £5?

Alfies is now offering traditional Chinese cuisine (tapas-style) at a student-friendly price. What are you waiting for?

This month: Predict the time of the first goal when Celtic play Rangers on Sunday 1st February.

Competition prizes: in the event that more than one person predicts the correct time, the winning names will be drawn from the hat. The first name will receive: A meal for FOUR with TWO cocktail sharing pitchers. The second name will receive: A student first aid kit (beers, soap powder, pot noodles, toilet roll, shower gel etc). There will also be two random draws: the first will win free venue hire and the second will win a free shot at the bar!

If nobody predicts the correct time, names will be drawn at random.

Email your prediction to [email protected] with your full name and contact number. Or you can follow and tweet your scoreline to @GlasgowGuardian with the hashtag #GGSportComp

Names and predictions:

Katy Johnson: 23rd minute
Murray Thomson: 13th minute
Fraser Law: 17th minute
Laura Blaney: 12th minute
Sarah Isles: 10th minute
Izzy M: 42nd minute
Eve: 27th minute
Tom: 12th minute
George B: 24th minute
George E: 34th minute
Ryan: 7th minute
Izzy Keating: 17th minute
Gianluca: 16th minute
Mike O’Donovan: 7th minute
Ashley: 19th minute
Richard: 47th minute
Oscar: 32nd minute
Willy Neill: 17th minute
Mike Gillespie: 32nd minute
Gregor Campbell: 12th minute
Eamon Nugent-Doyle: 7th minute
Georgia Hunter: 22nd minute
Shannon Lloyd: 24th minute
Ruairidh Smith: 4th minute
Morven Henderson: 15th minute
Callum Barrett: 17th minute
Kyle Wands: 34th minute
Stewart Allan: 5th minute
Ryan Reid: 16th minute
Matt Bellwerd: 17th minute
Omar El Asadi: 37th minute
Tom Stephen: 24th minute