Glasgow’s league table rise

Sam Wigglesworth

The University of Glasgow has been voted sixth best in the UK for teaching and academic quality, according to the National Student Survey, published in August 2014, which questioned 265,000 final year students.

The result shows that over 91% of students are satisfied with the quality of their course, an increase of 2% from last year. This places the University of Glasgow second equal in the Russell Group and second outright in Scotland in terms of student satisfaction. St Andrews was the only other Scottish university to be in the top 10.

Both Professor Anton Muscatelli, Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Glasgow, and Professor Frank Coton, Vice Principal Learning and Teaching at the University have commented on the results, with Professor Muscatelli noting that, “It is very encouraging that our students continue to rate their experience at the University of Glasgow so highly and particularly rewarding to see such a significant increase in our overall satisfaction rate.”

Professor Frank Coton also stated that the result highlights that Glasgow continued to offer “one of the best student experiences’ in Scotland and the UK and the staff at the University work are to be thanks for their work, ensuring that the students have a ‘top quality learning experience, receive world class teaching and support and have access to the best facilities on campus.”