×

Alfies Bar (@AlfiesBar) has kindly agreed to sponsor the Glasgow Guardian Sport’s monthly competition. It is easy and free to enter and there are several great prizes to be won.

There is a wide and varied selection of craft beers brewed in Scotland and, if you can find Wally on the Where’s Wally wall, a free shot for you.

Alfies Bar, 67 Old Dumbarton Road, G3 8RF. Next to Yorkhill Hospital, just off Argyle Street.

So, if you fancy eating out for cheap or you want to have fun on FIFA night – yes, a FIFA tournament in a pub – then Alfies is the place to be. All of the big matches are available to watch too.

Show your student card and get: bottles from £2, draughts from £2.80, shots from £1 and spirits from £1.50. How about 6 shots for £4 and 6 bombs for £5?

Alfies is now offering traditional Chinese cuisine (tapas-style) at a student-friendly price. What are you waiting for?

This month: Predict the time of the first goal when Celtic play Rangers on Sunday 1st February.

Competition prizes: in the event that more than one person predicts the correct time, the winning names will be drawn from the hat. The first name will receive: A meal for FOUR with TWO cocktail sharing pitchers. The second name will receive: A student first aid kit (beers, soap powder, pot noodles, toilet roll, shower gel etc). There will also be two random draws: the first will win free venue hire and the second will win a free shot at the bar!

If nobody predicts the correct time, names will be drawn at random.

Email your prediction to [email protected] with your full name and contact number. Or you can follow and tweet your scoreline to @GlasgowGuardian with the hashtag #GGSportComp

Names and predictions:

Katy Johnson: 23rd minute

Murray Thomson: 13th minute

Fraser Law: 17th minute

Laura Blaney: 12th minute

Sarah Isles: 10th minute

Izzy M: 42nd minute

Eve: 27th minute

Tom: 12th minute

George B: 24th minute

George E: 34th minute

Ryan: 7th minute

Izzy Keating: 17th minute

Gianluca: 16th minute

Mike O’Donovan: 7th minute

Ashley: 19th minute

Richard: 47th minute

Oscar: 32nd minute

Willy Neill: 17th minute

Mike Gillespie: 32nd minute

Gregor Campbell: 12th minute

Eamon Nugent-Doyle: 7th minute

Georgia Hunter: 22nd minute

Shannon Lloyd: 24th minute

Ruairidh Smith: 4th minute

Morven Henderson: 15th minute

Callum Barrett: 17th minute

Kyle Wands: 34th minute

Stewart Allan: 5th minute

Ryan Reid: 16th minute

Matt Bellwerd: 17th minute

Omar El Asadi: 37th minute

Tom Stephen: 24th minute