University of Glasgow strengthens its position in The Times’ Higher Education Rankings

Photo: Olivia Vitazkova

Photo: Olivia Vitazkova

Ainur Imangali

The University of Glasgow has improved its position in the Times Higher Education World Universities Rankings by 18 points since last year. It is now at the 76th position compared to its 94th position in 2014.

Principal and Vice Chancellor Anton Muscatelli described the improvement as a “big positive change”.

He commented: “We were named the Herald Scottish Higher Educational Institute of the year in July and have again been shortlisted for UK University of the Year. All of this is tremendous not just for Glasgow but for the reputation of higher education in Scotland”, said Muscatelli.

This year the University approached another prestigious frontier as it gained 5 stars from QS Top Universities rankings. University of Glasgow is the only UK educational establishment to be marked with over 5 QS stars which awards University’s high standards of teaching, research, internationalisation, employability, innovations and inclusiveness amongst others. 

Glasgow University also upholds its reputation by placing joint top in Scotland by National Student Survey in 2015.

The University of Glasgow in the Times Rankings rose other top 1% UK Universities including the University of Warwick, the University of Exeter, the University of St. Andrews, the University of Sheffield and the Queen Mary University of London.