Holocaust denial leaflets resurface on campus

holocaust

Rhys Harper
News Editor

Holocaust denial leaflets have resurfaced in the Boyd Orr Building, some six months after first being spotted on campus.

The leaflets, which were pinned up on a board near the back entrance of the building, bear a resemblance to nearby adverts looking for Ph.D study participants. However, the given URL on the leaflets links to a web page calling the Holocaust “The Greatest Swindle Of All Time” and disparaging the practice of Psychology, claiming “Psychiatry is a branch of our atheistic, oppressive and corrupt legal and political system, not medicine.”

The website also claims “not one of the dead at Auschwitz died from gassing, but instead […] of typhus and malnutrition.”

These same leaflets appeared in the Boyd Orr building, the library and the chapel in April earlier this year. They were also found on campus at the University of Edinburgh around the same period.

It is not currently known who is responsible for distributing the leaflets.

At the time of the previous incident, a spokesperson for the University of Glasgow told The Glasgow Guardian: “In common with other universities in Scotland a small number of leaflets containing objectionable comments on the Holocaust were found, and removed, from university premises.

“The University of Glasgow has a zero tolerance policy on racism, anti-Semitism and the distribution and display of materials that are likely to cause offence. Given the public nature of many of our buildings it is possible that someone from outwith the University was responsible for this incident. We will continue to be vigilant and to again emphasise that such literature has no place on our campus”.

If you have any information regarding the flyers, please email [email protected].