Glasgow best for MBAs

business school sarah-ann lee01 credit

Alison Burns

The University’s business school has been ranked among the world’s top 100 by the Beyond Grey Pinstripes league table.

Glasgow has been placed 71st on the list making it the highest ranking institution in Scotland and second highest in the UK.

The biennial survey is an alternative ranking which spotlights innovative MBA programmes that integrate issues concerning social and environmental stewardship into the curriculum.

Beyond Grey Pinstripes is the only survey to focus directly on research, courses, and extracurricular activities at each business school.
Angus Laing, Head of the University of Glasgow Business School said: “We are delighted that such a well-respected research survey has recognised the ongoing achievements of the University of Glasgow Business School in this way.

“The Glasgow MBA Programme aims to provide high quality postgraduate business education focused on developing the business leaders of the future.”
A University spokesperson added: “The University of Glasgow Business School has been steadily and consistently rising in a variety of league tables over the last three years.

“What is different about the Beyond Grey Pinstripes survey is that the ranking evaluates business schools’ commitment to sustainability and ethical business and the University of Glasgow Business School has performed exceptionally well in these areas.”

Joanne Smith, a final year business student, said that the ranking would be beneficial to her when she entered the workplace.

She said: “It’s an achievement that employers can identify graduates with. It shows employers that the skills we learn at university will be an asset to their companies in the future. The ranking will definitely influence my decision about going on to study my MBA at Glasgow.”

First year Zdravka Daneva explained her reasons for choosing Glasgow Business School.

She said: “I chose to study business at Glasgow because of the prestige, quality and recognition that the department offers.”