GUSA Fashion Show

Model students: GUSA dress for success

GUSA Fashion ShowSaturday the 27th of November saw athletes get glamorous as the Glasgow University Sports Association hosted their catwalk Charity Fashion Show.

The event was held in the Glasgow University Union’s Debating Chamber in aid of their chosen charity ‘Right to Play’.

The weeks of hard work and preparation by GUSA leading up to the show all paid off with the event described by a spokesperson as a “resounding success, not to mention an entertaining and fun filled night”.

The event saw 25 of Glasgow’s sports men and women modeling clothes from companies such as ‘Fat Face’, ‘Dunnes Stores’ and ‘Just For You’ along with a range from Glasgow University Sport and Recreation Clothing.

The models really got into the spirit of things as they strutted their stuff and with their enthusiasm they would not have looked out of place on the catwalks of Milan or Paris.

As if that wasn’t enough, the Glasgow University Cheerleading Squad and Pole Dancing Society caused temperatures to soar as they performed two fantastic routines that had the audience raising the roof.

Elsewhere on the night Bacardi’s mixologist Andy showed us his moves, bar flaring and pulling off some impossible looking tricks, meanwhile the rest of the Bacardi team kept the drinks flowing with some delicious cocktails.

As the drinks flowed, DJ Blair Stuart was on hand at the decks to provide some rousing music for the event and the whole thing was compared by a rather familiar GUSA comedy-duo.

The whole evening was captured for posterity by Glasgow University Student Television, while two photographers were on hand to capture some memorable images.

Many of the local businesses donated extremely generous raffle prizes for the night including items from Baguette express, Grosvenor Café and Glasgow University Sport and Recreation.

Overall the event was a great success, with the Union filled near to capacity with charitable revelers, helping to raise an incredible £1,000 for ‘Right to Play’. On this basis we wonder what the GUSA Charities and Fundraising team will have in store for us after the New Year.

If you’d like more information, or would like to help support the charity visit www.righttoplay.com

Bex Hewitt