Josh Slater-Williams

Among the music related events is an opening night celebration featuring Iceland-inspired musician Matthew Collings, alongside Glasgow indie pop group Butcher Boy presenting a special night of music and archive film. There’s also Frames Per Second, a film and live performance medley featuring a selection of Glasgow’s finest writers, artists, theatre-makers and musicians.

The various short film competitions include the Bill Douglas Award for International Short Film, named after one of Scotland’s most important directing talents. An international jury of writers, curators and filmmakers will select the film they consider the most innovative and outstanding work from 43 international titles. The Scottish Short Film Award will promote a wider range of local films than ever before, including the excellent comedy The Phone Box by recent University of Glasgow graduate and former president of student filmmaking society “Cut”, Ian Robertson.

Most of the Short Film Festival’s events will be taking place at the CCA and The Shed. For more details, including previews of all the films showing, pick up one of the festival’s brochures from various outlets in the city and visit glasgowfilm.org/festival.