Credit: GUSRC

Nominations open for SRC autumn elections

By Katherine Prentice

Students have the chance to represent fellow students with a variety of positions up for grabs.

Nominations for the SRC Autumn Elections are now open until 4 October, with 14 positions available for both undergraduate and postgraduate students to represent their fellow students with a seat on the Student Representative Council (SRC).

All students will have the chance to vote for their favourite representative through the UofG Life app when polling opens on 14 October, and results will be announced that evening.

There are several undergraduate positions, and all are also open to part-time and international students, including two first year representatives, four general representatives, and reps for various schools, including chemistry, education, humanities, law, interdisciplinary studies, and veterinary medicine. The SRC is also looking for one postgraduate college convenor for the college of medical, veterinary and life sciences (MVLS), and a postgraduate college convenor for science and engineering to be elected.

Full details on each position are available on the SRC Website, as well as more information on key dates throughout the year. Students can self-nominate for positions, and should then prepare their manifesto, photo & sponsors ready for 4 October to be in with a chance. 

The website is also the first place to read the manifestos of candidates ahead of election day. There will be a candidate and pre-husting meeting ahead of the hustings meeting on 13th October, which is a chance for students to listen to candidates discussing their manifestos before casting their vote.