Credit: Cranside Kitchen

A fortnight of food: Oktoberfest meets Cranside Kitchen this month

By Lucy Dunn

Glasgow’s biggest outdoor restaurant expands its menu once more.

Bringing Germany to our local this Oktoberfest, Cranside Kitchen is running their new event from the 14-28 October. The fairly-priced deals include a “Stein of Grolsch” plus either a giant pretzel, or a hot dog with fries, for £9.95 and £12.95 respectively. The offer will run every day across the two weeks, with Cranside’s app ordering service still in place. Now home to nine different restaurants, the expansive choice only gets bigger. 

Kaitlin Campbell, the Clydeside restaurant’s Events Manager, commented: “We are ecstatic to bring this fun event to Cranside Kitchen this October. Kicking off this week, it’s going to be an ‘Oktoberfest weekend’, full of good cheer, delicious food, amazing folk music playing throughout the venue, and lots of great beer. It’s free to all, and we invite customers to come enjoy a Glasgow version of a German inspired party!”

Cranside Kitchen is reportedly Glasgow’s biggest outdoor restaurant and bar, boasting a number of outdoor tables under pergolas, alongside heaters for when the temperature drops. Using an app-based approach, Cranside offer a wide variety of cuisines, with the option for all members of the party to order from separate restaurants. Located in front of the OVO Hydro beside the North Rotunda building in Finnieston, the restaurant has become increasingly popular since its 2020 launch following the initial UK lockdown.

For more information about the food, drink, and deals on offer, click here.