Credit: GlasgowWorld

GlasGLOW to return to botanic gardens this month

By Isobel Adams

This October and November the ‘GlasGLOW’ lights show exhibition will return, for its fifth year, to the Botanic Gardens.

Described as an immersive outdoor experience, the interactive show has become a mainstay in the west end’s event calendar in recent years. Running from 26 October to 13 November, the show promises to take audiences on a journey through time. This year’s theme  in ‘The Land that Time Forgot’ transports them back 170 million years to a time when dinosaurs roamed Scotland.

On the 60-minute route through the botanical gardens audiences should expect an “epic dinosaur adventure” crammed with exciting light displays and interactive art installations. There will also be a street food village and a ‘GLOW’ bar for guests to enjoy. Gates open every night from 5pm with the last entry at 9:30pm. Entry time slots are available every 15 mins and standard tickets for adults and children are £22 and £12 respectively.

Supported by the event is the itison Pumpkin Fund. Established in 2019 the charity works with the local community to help people attend the event who may not otherwise be able to do so. In 2021 they raised £30,000 for local charities and donated 2000 tickets to community organisations, hospitals and charities. The event has also put in place several measures they suggest will help minimise their impact on the environment. This includes their use of HVO biofuel, a FAME free and fossil-free CO2 friendly alternative to regular diesel to primarily power the event in combination with latest LED lighting to help reduce power consumption. They also report to have banned single use plastics and aim to recycle as much as possible including food waste and all pumpkins featured on the Pumpkin Patch.

Tickets are available from the itison website.